Thursday, January 29, 2009

Military?

Because I have no money to pay for school and I had to sit through another lecture about where I'm going in life from my father.
Because I don't feel that I have anything to stay here for.
Because I want to start my life fresh and be independent.

Of course I'm coming back... especially because Margie is getting confirmed next year (which is most definitely important to me), and also because I'll be able to pay for school... but other than that, I'm sick of hearing this same lecture. I had to hear how I shouldn't have trusted that I would have gotten that job. Do I really have to feel worse than I already do? I keep it all inside. I hate not having a job. Yes, I love my free time. But seriously, my dad makes it sound like I'm a failure and I choose to be one... and that I'm gonna keep changing my mind. UH HELLO, TUTORING IS FOR MY MAJOR, thanks.

Thank you for being SO SUPPORTIVE of me. Thank you for helping me reach my goals in life. *sarcasm.

The military is starting to sound GREAT again. Because I'll be able to get away from here. Because I can start over. Because I have more reasons to go than to stay. I'll have money, benefits... I'll be able to meet new people.

Next time, daddy dearest, ASK me how I'm doing. ASK me WHAT I'm doing... don't just assume that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I can take care of myself. Maybe not financially, but I'm not a little kid even though I may act like one sometimes... but that's only because you make me feel this way.

I knew that I was bound to crash and burn sometime... but with everything that's happening. I still trust that this is apart of God's big plan for me.

No comments: