Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Second Best

There was a point today when I was praying in the chapel that I realized how many times I've been "second best" or "so close, BUT..." or even the "best friend that's a girl". It's been this way in multiple situations. I just wasn't IT. I've had many people I considered my best friend that always had someone in front of me as their best friend. And it sucks to have felt that way. Like, I'm so close to what someone looks for, yet still not close enough. So while I was praying, I had to ask God, why? And you know what He told me?

I'm being selfish. Haha... that and that it isn't always true. Although I wasn't my candidates first pick... she picked ME. And yes there was a situation where she had to chose, but I was chosen in that situation. And I love her to death. It's complicated and I could be negative and say I was second best, but whatever... she's with me :] Haha that sounds so silly.

But anyway, this blog was a little pointless, but I had to reassure myself that it's not whether I'm second best or whatever... there will be people who see me for who I really am and will be happy with their decision... well, at least I hope so. I don't know. This blog has probably confused you a little, but that's okay. I know what I'm talking about.

No comments: